Paul S. Chirichella, M.D.
"I hope to be able to empower patients in their rehabilitation and help them achieve a better quality of life. Pain does not have to interfere with daily activities."
Dr. Chirichella is one of the most highly trained physicians in the country for interventional pain management. With advanced subspecialty training in both interventional pain management and musculoskeletal ultrasound, his clinical expertise includes musculoskeletal medicine, rehabilitation, ultrasound-guided injections, nonsurgical spine care and interventional spine procedures.
Dr. Chirichella enjoys forming personal relationships with patients, and his primary objective is to accurately diagnose and treat the source of their pain or injury. He formulates a comprehensive plan for each patient taking their individual circumstances and needs into account and recommending the most conservative treatment appropriate.
EDUCATION AND FELLOWSHIPS
• Medical School: Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
• Residency: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - Rutgers New Jersey Medical School and Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
• Fellowship: Interventional Pain Management and Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School and Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
• Board-certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dr. Chirichella is dedicated to staying on top of the latest advances in interventional pain management treatment, including developments related to epidural injections, neurotomies and sacroiliac joint injections. He is highly trained in the use of ultrasound as a diagnostic tool and adjuvant to performing accurate injections. Some of his top clinical interests include helping patients manage osteoarthritis (such as by performing joint injections, including knee viscosupplementation), treating sports injuries (including acute and chronic ligament and tendon injuries), and regenerative medicine.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Medical Student Award, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School: 2014
• Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center
• Hackensack University Medical Center
• Hudson Regional Hospital
• American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
• American Medical Association
• American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
• Association of Academic Physiatrists
• Interventional Orthopedics Foundation
• North American Spine Society
• Spine Intervention Society
Mehta SK, Chirichella PS, Wey H, Lin SS. Novel Technique: Retrograde Drilling for Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus Using a Cannulated Screw for the Treatment and Local Delivery of Orthobiologics. Techniques in Foot & Ankle Surgery. 2012;11(1):26-33.
Koerner JD, Vives MJ, O'Connor JP, Chirichella PS, Breitbart EA, Chaudhary SB, Uko L, Subramanian S, Fritton JC, Benevenia J, Lin SS. Zinc has insulin-mimetic properties which enhance spinal fusion in a rat model. The Spine Journal. 2016;16(6):777-783.
Chirichella PS, Jow S, Iacono S, Wey HE, Malanga GA. Treatment of Knee Meniscus Pathology:
Rehabilitation, Surgery, and Orthobiologics. PM R. 2019 Mar;11(3):292-308. doi:10.1016/j.pmrj.2018.08.384. Epub 2019 Feb 27. Review.
Roy D.Vingan, M.D.View More
Patrick A.Roth, M.D.View More
George J.Kaptain, M.D.View More
Daniel E. Walzman, M.D.View More
Hooman Azmi, M.D.View More
Harshpal Singh, M.D.View More
Kangmin Daniel Lee, M.D.View More
Reza J. Karimi, M.D.View More
Mohammed Faraz Khan, M.D.View More
Tim Vogel, M.D.View More
Bruce Zablow, M.D.View More
Robert Goodman, M.D.View More
Giorgio Rotoli, D.O.View More
Elana Clar, M.D.View More
Peter Schmaus, M.D.View More
Brandon Gaynor, M.D.View More
Paul S. Chirichella, M.D.View More
Elizabeth Finale, M.P.T.View More