Pediatric Neurosurgey Program FAQ
How do I get a second opinion for my child's care?
We realize that you want the best care for your family and that traveling to receive treatment can often be difficult for your child and other children in your family. We know how difficult it is when your child requires neurosurgical evaluation and care. We are always available to offer a second opinion for your child's treatment and to set up a consultation with one of our specialists.
Now you can access the expertise of a world-renowned pediatric specialist locally and from home. Our Second Opinion Program provides families with information regarding complex medical concerns. Families can easily access an expert second opinion from our pediatric specialists.
We are happy to speak with you, and please reach out especially if:
- Your child has a new diagnosis
- Your child has a change in their condition
- A surgery has been recommended for your child
How can I schedule an appointment and speak with a family liaison?
You may request an evaluation by calling our team at (201)-342-2550
What should I bring to my child's appointment?
When you make your appointment, a member of our team will go over everything you'll need for your visit. A few items to remember to bring:
- Insurance card(s)
- Referrals or authorizations from your child's pediatrician if applicable
- All medical records and tests, such as imaging studies (MRI/CAT scans), x-rays or lab tests for your child's condition
- List of your child's medications